KPD: Man Found Dead in Car after Possible OD
The body of a man was found in a vehicle in a back alleyway Friday night after what police believe was an overdose from inhaling an unidentified chemical, according to the Knoxville Police Department.
At approximately 9:39 p.m., officers responded to a possible overdose at an address in the 3200 block of Johnston Street, the agency said in a Facebook post.
When officers arrived, they spotted a vehicle parked in the back alley with a man’s body inside.
A preliminary investigation determined the victim likely overdosed while inhaling a type of chemical. Two medics with AMR became ill after inhaling the chemical from inside the vehicle and were transported to the hospital for evaluation, according to KPD. The medics reported feeling odd after opening the car and smelling the chemical inside.
The medics are now back on duty and are reportedly fine. Mike Cohen, speaking for AMR, said that transporting the medics to the hospital was a precaution.
The name of the man who died is being withheld until the next of kin can be notified. The chemical that affected the medics has also not been identified.